A journal of questionable quality

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Reandron - yours in pain

Reandron - in the bum
As anyone who will sit still long enough knows, I am lucky enough to have my testosterone supplemented. Believe me, this is a good way to be. Aging, what aging? Depression, what depression?

The downside of HRT is the method of delivery. I am a little too active to be able to use the most common method - patches, and they leave red blotches all over me.

The preferred method has been, until now, to have pellets implanted by the GLLD (Good Looking Lady Doctor) who slices my abdominal skin and implants these little buggers into the fat layer. One stitch, some serious bruising and life is back to - better than - normal.

Lady Doctor has recently decided to try another method; delivery by deep injection. Deep injection, I found today, the injection of Reandron, suspended in castor oil, deeply into the bum muscle.

This is a whole new experience. This is a whole new pain. This is a pain that I have this very moment, sitting here writing this.

Advantages? As of this moment - none. In the very near future - less pain, less bruising, less chance of infection, no need to take time off from the pool, and maybe a better delivery.

I can never tell when I am full of testosterone or when I'm not, but the acute observations of Lady Doctor suggest that I am indeed a different man with a full dose of it on board.

Better temper, better attitude, more active, more positive, lower blood pressure, the list goes on. Any male here will be thinking 'does it make sex better', - maybe it does, I'm never very sure. It's definitely not an 'instant' erection type thing that I have noticed. I had hoped that it would be. Any male would. There you go - can't get everything.

Meanwhile, my bum hurts in a big way.

I'm so pleased to share that with you.

Bagged and tagged under:
  
  



3 Comments:

Blogger live said...

All I can say is AMEN brother. I too am on it (aged 52. My blood levels were within normal levels but i can say what may be normal limits are in my case at least, not sufficient to belay the symptoms of depression etc that you mentioned. By the way if you ave half in one side of your glutes then the other half in the other side, it will not hurt much at all.

5:24 PM

 
Blogger live said...

All I can say is AMEN brother. I too am on it (aged 52. My blood levels were within normal levels but i can say what may be normal limits are in my case at least, not sufficient to belay the symptoms of depression etc that you mentioned. By the way if you ave half in one side of your glutes then the other half in the other side, it will not hurt much at all.

5:24 PM

 
Blogger Steveo said...

I've been on Reandron for around a year, it IS the best.. I was diagnosed in 95 with a defective pituitary and had been given the Andriol tablets to take..After some years I was warned off of them because of potential liver damage, then it went to the gel and the patches,both of which were crap, they fell off, washed off and generally usless. My doctor here suggested the Reandron and I haven't looked back. I am extremely active, cycle racing, surfing and such and my energy levels are great. Now, with your sore bum, obviously, two things, one wrong spot, should be up just above the hip and two, try warming the oil up between the palms for a few minutes, it's a heavy oil that will get less viscous when heated. And the nurse should go slow with it, my injection takes a minute or so... Good luck with it, BTW I'm 58 now and look forward to many years on the stuff
Best, Steve

11:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home